Monday, March 15, 2010

Papers in Norway

So in Norway teachers don't give you your papers back with comments, in fact most teachers don't even give you your paper back. You just receive a grade and then you have two weeks to make an appointment with whomever graded your paper. At this appointment the teacher or whomever graded your paper will give you a list of what they liked and didn't like about your paper. If you disagree with your grade you can "complain" about it. All you have to do is fill out a form and then someone new will grade your paper and whatever that new person gives you is what you get. They can give you a higher grade, same grade, or lower grade.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. In a way I like it, I have a say in my grade. But at the same time I feel like what the teacher says doesn't matter, its whatever the third party thinks. I think I'll just leave my grade up to my teacher, I don't think he's a hard grader, he is very lenient.

I only have to complain about the lack of direction the teacher gives you here. The only requirements for my papers is 10 pages, 12 pt font, 1.5 spacing, and then a broad topic such as it has to do with inclusion or comparing an aspect of two countries educational systems. I need a narrower topic range, where do you even begin? So for my inclusion paper I'm going to write about segregation in the OPS school district. For my comparison paper I'm going to us the US as one of my countries, but I think I'll narrow it down to Nebraska and then I guess I'll use Norway since it will be easy to get information about it. My only problem is what do I write about? I really don't know all that much about the Norwegian school systems. Ohh well I'll figure something out, most likely will do some making up on my part but thats okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment