Saturday, January 30, 2010

What I Know

~Hei! Hav heter du?
-Hallo! Jeg heter Kayla.
~Hvor kommer du fra?
-Jeg kommer fra USA.
~Hvordan gammel er du?
Jeg er tjue ar gammel.
Og nei, jeg shakker ikke Norsk!

So yes my name is just Kayla not Michaela. I do come from the USA, and no I'm not from Oregon. Yes I am only 20 years old and no I can't legally drink in the USA. By the way I don't speak Norwegian and I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.

*Smoked Salmon tastes like raw fish.
*You are pegged as an American when you don't shower naked in the community showers.
*It's not easy making new friends when you don't speak the same language, but even harder when you have to figure out what they are saying when they are naked.
*Walking everywhere makes you realize how much you hate to leave the house and think twice about going anywhere that's not absolutely necessary.

*The Norwegians have strollers that are for off-roading or they just use sleds to tote their children about.
*Get all of your errands done Saturday morning so you can sit at home all day Sunday, just like the Norwegians do.
*Fruit in Norway tastes better than it does in Nebraska.
*They don't have canned soup, but bagged soup instead.
*If you want to shop, go to Denmark.
*Learn to appreciate things you had at home, such as a toaster, microwave, dishwasher, washers that hold more than two pairs of jeans, and dryers that actually dry your clothes.
*You don't have to wear real clothes in Norway, just leggings and an oversized t-shirt will do.
*Don't take Popsicles, hot dogs, and bottles on the bus, they are forbidden.
*Finally, nothing is instantaneous here like in America, so bring your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment